Volunteering is a great way to get involved in your community and make a difference. Volunteer experience can also look good on your resume and help you stand out among other applicants. It’s important to find volunteer opportunities that fit your schedule and interests
How is volunteering important?
- Helps meet local needs required for the community to function at its best
- Supports families and other individuals in the community who cannot support themselves
- Improves educational systems
- Offers personal benefits to the volunteers themselves, including improved wellbeing and decreased stress
- Helps volunteers build valuable experience and skills